The most beautiful things in the world are not seen nor touched. They are felt with the heart.-- Helen Keller



Welcome!

Welcome! to my little corner of Gods earth.

My intent is to share faith, food, family & friendship. I want to give you a little insight as to what goes on in our daily lives. The different 'seasons' in our farm life and with every change of season brings something new. Feel free to visit often!

Blessings to all,

Laura

Down on the Farm Tabs

Friday, April 20, 2012

Orphan Kitten Formula


On the farm we sometimes have to take over, and become 'mommy' to our animals. In this case, a family friend had some kittens, 6 all together.  Mommy was probably a year old and this is a lot for a seasoned veteran, let alone a mother cat that is so young.  We have used this Newborn Formula for kittens, puppies and in a pinch calves.

2c. 2% milk
1c. half & half
1 egg
1Tbls white Karo corn syrup

Mix well. Warm to feed. Use and eye dropper or syringe.  Store in the refrigerator. It will separate so mix well before each feeding. This will keep according to the dates on your milk and/or half & half.

1 comment:

  1. I wish my veterinarian had suggested the extra fat when I asked him what to feed to a too-young kitten 43 years ago! My mix didn't have the half-and-half (not that we even have that on the market here). I'm guessing the extra fat would have helped him thrive better. Next time, I'll know better. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete