The most beautiful things in the world are not seen nor touched. They are felt with the heart.-- Helen Keller



Welcome!

Welcome! to my little corner of Gods earth.

My intent is to share faith, food, family & friendship. I want to give you a little insight as to what goes on in our daily lives. The different 'seasons' in our farm life and with every change of season brings something new. Feel free to visit often!

Blessings to all,

Laura

Down on the Farm Tabs

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Cat

The family cat's name is Dusty.  We adopted him from a shelter.  Dusty had reached the end of his time in the shelter, he had been with a foster family for 6 months and had been declared 'unadoptable'.  I received an urgent email request from a friend of a friend...you know how that goes.  Well anywayz...I did not want a cat, we already had a very old cat (who has since passed away) and our daughters dog in the house and I did not want another inside animal!  Papa Bear and I are at the phase in our lives that we are ready to pick-up and go.  We don't want to worry about someone coming in to take care of the animals.  So, back to Dusty.....I kept looking at that face, this went on for about a week and I knew the time had come I either made the call or I needed to let it go.  He has been a part of our family for about 3 years now and we would not trade him for all the money in the world!   He makes us laugh!  However as it turns out Dusty is absolutely the most worthless cat I have ever seen in my life.  This is where he will stay until the presents push him out. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment