The most beautiful things in the world are not seen nor touched. They are felt with the heart.-- Helen Keller



Welcome!

Welcome! to my little corner of Gods earth.

My intent is to share faith, food, family & friendship. I want to give you a little insight as to what goes on in our daily lives. The different 'seasons' in our farm life and with every change of season brings something new. Feel free to visit often!

Blessings to all,

Laura

Down on the Farm Tabs

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Rounded Heel Knitted Slipper Pattern


This pattern has evolved from other knitted flat slipper patterns.  The original slipper pattern can be found on Peppermint Mocha Mama's blog.

Materials:
2 skeins of worsted weight yarn
Size 7US knitting needles
Darning needle

Instructions:
**You will be knitting with 2 strands of yarn held together throughout the pattern.
**Always slip the first stitch in every row as if to purl, this makes a nice edge.
**Tutorial for Kf&b by Very Pink Knits

Cast on 25 stitches (Leave a long tail to sew up heel of slipper)


Rounded Heel
Row 1: sl1, Knit across
Row 2: sl1, K10, Kf&b1, K1, Kf&b1, K11 (27sts)
Row 3: sl1, Knit across
Row 4: sl1, K10, Kf&b1, K3, Kf&b1, K11 (29sts)
Row 5: sl1, Knit across
Row 6: sl1, K10, Kf&b1, K5, Kf&b1, K11 (31sts)
Row 7: sl1, Knit across
Row 8: sl1, K10, Kf&b1, K7, Kf&b1, K11 (33sts)
Row 9: sl1, Knit across

Row 10: sl1, K10, P1, K9, P1, K11
Row 11: Sl1, Knit across

Repeat Rows 10 & 11 - 10 times (total of 31 rows, ending with Row 31)




Body of Slipper
Row 32: Sl1, *P1, K1*
Row 33: Sl1, Knit across

Repeat Row 32 & 33 until you reach the length you want.
(at this point if you wish to avoid seaming, you can knit in the round)

HINT: For my size 9(US) ladies foot, I knit a total of 61 rows before I started my decrease rows.



Decreasing the Toe
Row 1: Sl1, *P2tog, P1*
Row 2: Sl1, *K2tog, K1*
Row 3: P2tog across to the end



Leave a long tail and cut yarn. Using a darning needle, run the yarn back thru, picking the yarn off the needle. Pull tight, this will form a circle at the end of the toe. Turn the slipper inside out and proceed to sew up the top of the slipper, stop at the change in pattern and tie off.

Fold the slipper in half and with the long tail from the cast on, sew up the heel.

Turn the slipper right side out. Make a pom, pom and attach. You may also add Dimensional paint to the bottom of the slipper to enhance traction.



Enjoy!

If you find any mistakes or have any comments, please let me know.
Enhanced by Zemanta

17 comments:

  1. Just the pattern I have been searching for.
    Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us.

    I plan to make up several pair for residents of a rehab facilioty where my granddaughte is a speech therapist.
    dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS, THANKS for "sharing" your pattern. I have lots of xmas slippers to get started on and no one in raverly cares to share their pattern. So I thank you once again.

    Judyg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome!! I hope you enjoy knitting them up! I would love to see the finished product and the color choices you make!!!

      Delete
  3. Laura,

    I moderate a slipper group on Ravelry "Slippers and Surroundings". One of our members shared with us your lovely pattern and I have linked it to our pages. I will remove it if you prefer us to not have it there..Just let me know. Thanks Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      That is totally fine!! If any of your knitters share their finished product, please let me know. I would love to see their color choices and any modifications or accessories they may add!

      Thank you so much!!
      Laura

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this pattern! It's just what I've been looking for!

    If you'd like to check out the slippers I made with this pattern, click on the link!!
    Emma

    http://cuppa-tea-and-a-biscuit.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/home-knitted-slipper-socks.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting this pattern. I have been looking for the slippers my Great-Grandmother made all of us when she was alive. She was always knitting a pair. These were given to us as presents for every holiday from her. She has been gone for 12 years now and I wanted to surprise everyone in the family with a pair for Christmas. I am a crocheter, but I'm going to try really hard to knit these for my family, about 10 of us total.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I would love to see how they all turn out!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for posting your pattern its very easy to do -i have started making it only to find out i don't have enough yarn-but i am determined to make this pattern--thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I have posted a link to a Youtube video by Very Pink Knits at the top of the pattern that will explain Kf&b
      Thanks!!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I have posted a link to a Youtube video by Very Pink Knits at the top of the pattern that will explain Kf&b
      Thanks!!

      Delete
  9. Thank you, Laura. I am familiar with the knit front and back but none of my previous patterns described that technique as kfb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this pattern, I used an eyelash yarn with 1 strand of my knitting yarn & knit a border all the way around the opening.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mother-in-law has knit these slippers "traditionally" for all of her family for 40 years or so. As her health is failing, she is teaching the next generation to make them to continue the tradition. After making a few, I started tweaking and improving...imagine my surprise when I came across your pattern for the rounded heel...so much better. I "make one" left and right instead of knit front and back but will check this to see if I like it better. Love the slip the first stitch idea. I had not thought of that.

    ReplyDelete