The most beautiful things in the world are not seen nor touched. They are felt with the heart.-- Helen Keller



Welcome!

Welcome! to my little corner of Gods earth.

My intent is to share faith, food, family & friendship. I want to give you a little insight as to what goes on in our daily lives. The different 'seasons' in our farm life and with every change of season brings something new. Feel free to visit often!

Blessings to all,

Laura

Down on the Farm Tabs

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

This Ain't Norman Rockwell's House




Here’s the Real Deal at the Mosier House (aka Animal House) for Christmas.

Jeremy, Sarah and Kasen landed on Friday night.  All was well and lively……..Kasen ate, and ate, and ate….poor little guy had been sick with the stomach flu the entire week before…..and he ate, and ate, and ate…..  Yep! You guessed it! He was up all night with a belly ache.

Fast forward to Saturday afternoon. Cassie arrives; she brings in her dog, Scooby and her new kitten, Leo.  Now things start to get interesting.



Kasen  blows out his diaper. We have diarrhea and desitin on the downstairs bathroom rug. I take the rug upstairs to the laundry/bathroom and I discover Leo had messed on the rug in there!  Back downstairs, I find that PaPa Bear didn’t think the Oyster soup was getting done fast enough so he turned the heat up and curdled the milk, UGH!! I whisk the Oyster Soup (try to salvage as much as possible).  Kasen is settled in and drinking pedialyte. The rest of the family arrives,


 dinner is served, presents are opened, 




found out a new grandbaby will be here in August (YEAH!),  


went to Children’s Christmas Eve program at our church.  





And now bed…Ahhhh……

At 3:30am I am awakened by the smell of something burning! I rush downstairs and the smell is awful! I am running around trying to find the source. I finally figure out it is coming from the basement kitchen. The smell is overpowering, nothing like I had ever experienced. Cassie!! After a night out with friends, she decided she was hungry; she put some vegetables in a pan to heat up on the stove and fell asleep on the couch!  After cleaning up that mess, and trying to air things out, I head back upstairs to find that Leo has crapped again, on a bathroom towel!  HELLO LEO……litterbox please!!!  I clean up the shit, throw the cat in the garage, and pour myself a drink.  

It’s 12 o’clock somewhere, right?

1 comment:

  1. lol I seem to remember a similar Christmas and a certain cocker spaniel several years ago!
    Thanks for posting the rhyme for the Kitchener St, I struggle to remember what to do!
    Bye bye for now,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete