The most beautiful things in the world are not seen nor touched. They are felt with the heart.-- Helen Keller



Welcome!

Welcome! to my little corner of Gods earth.

My intent is to share faith, food, family & friendship. I want to give you a little insight as to what goes on in our daily lives. The different 'seasons' in our farm life and with every change of season brings something new. Feel free to visit often!

Blessings to all,

Laura

Down on the Farm Tabs

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Double Knitting (reversible knitting)

This is a work in progress and very basic...my practice piece is a potholder.
With 2 strands of yarn in contrasting colors, held together, cast on 24 stitches. There should be 48 loops on your needle.  Make sure to alternate colors. In this case mine is red/white/red/white and so on.
This is a warning to the Mosier Children: You will probably be getting some 'not so pretty' potholders for Christmas.
I used this You Tube tutorial to help me get started: Knitting Help - Double Knitting by verypinkknits



1 comment:

  1. Now that is a technique I have always wanted to try - especially for making scarves with designs on them or sofa pillows. Looks like you've really got the hang of it - well done!

    ReplyDelete